HybridZ

who sells the coilovers?

Guest BadKarmaCreepin

Guest BadKarmaCreepin

i was asking this about a year ago, but since i am picking up my new baby this saturday, i need to ask again...who sells the coilovers that used to be available through the hybridz store? and, is there any benefit or disadvantage from not going with gc's or tokiko's or something? i figure as long as it gets it the same height and rides similarly, i don't care. price would be a good factor too! i want all wheel gap to be non-existent, and i think 1.5" should be good? i'm planning on either 17x7 OZ F1 Cup rims

here... http://www.tirerack.com/servlet/CallJsp?target=wheelCloseUp&thumb=3

or these Volk Racing Gram Lights

http://www.1010tires.com/wheel.asp?wheelbrand=Volk+Racing&wheelmodel=Gram+Light+%2D+Gun+Metal

but the Volk's only come in 7.5". what wheel size SHOULD i use. keep in mind this will primarily be a street racer, and will only go to the track to test out new mods!

ahhhh, it's all coming together now! gotta start on my engine soon...

Dan, both Ross Corrigan and Mike sell all kinds of suspension stuff. I don't have Mike's url, but here is Ross':

Modern-motorsports

About the Volk wheels, have you checked the Makin Industries site to make sure that those are the widest size they come in? Might be worth a shot. The F1 cup wheels are sweet--just make sure you go at least 17" and keep them tucked in low for a good effect.

Davy

Dan, Don't forget that with the FWD style wheels you will need to run a spacer to compensate for the offset. Ross sells those as well though.

What day are you coming into town? I'm sure you are going to be happy with the car and it will make the trip no problem.

Guest BadKarmaCreepin

i'm coming in this saturday!! i get in at 7:30 pm :-( i wish it would have been earlier, but this trip isn't pleasure.

rims: is it just because they're fwd rims that they have a 40+ offset? do they make them with a small one? i forgot what the correct offset should be. i'm sure whoever i talk to (on this board) will give me the correct info. i'm definitely leaning more towards the f1 cups just cause of the yellow markings on them, they'd match the body color.

suspension: have any of you guys had any experience with ross' or mike's setup? i know i've read all about it, but i'm looking for a consumer review i suppose.

on a different note: have you guys ever played tokyo extreme racer zero on the ps2? one of the bosses, and a couple "wanderers" are 240z's!! rockon.gif in this game, you can modify the engine, along with the body (f&r bumpers, rims, fender flares, side skirts, hoods, wings, blah blah blah) so i'm using it to get a good idea of what my finished product will look like. just thought it was interesting...

Guest BadKarmaCreepin

the $400 includes just the coilovers right? not the struts? (i think that's what they're called...) how much would they be? and would i have to do any of this "cutting of the strut tower" stuff? thanks.