HybridZ

R32 front crossmember (K member)

Phyxius

I'm not sure if they will work or not. Actually, I'm not even sure what you are talking about... lol. By S chassis, are you talking about the silvia/180sx? They didn't come with rb's right? Pallnet used a r32 one in his install, and it worked out. So, that's why I am trying to get one of those. I was hoping that someone bought a front clip and had no need for the x-member...

Well, I was in the market for an S14 cross member, I was told that all the R32 and S13/14 chassis front suspension bolts in with little if any modification. The only thing being the engine mounts to have it properly set.

I have an S14 cross member with power steering in the garage ( as well as the entire front clip with the rails) to adapt to my car when I get the ball rolling.

I also have the rear subframe complete, sans diff and casing. :-)

makes for easy suspension selection when the time comes. LOL

I would make them, but i don't have access to the stuff I would need to do it. I found one at jhot auto for $50 plus shipping which doesn't sound half bad.

well if you found the cross member for 50 bucks, that's good. I'd get it.

If it has the power steering rack with the short lines on it too, BETTER! :D

I got an entire front clip for 40 bucks that came with everything that was going to be tossed out.

Now what you can do is use s13 or 14 parts on the cross member, since they're easier and cheaper. See if you can get aluminum hubs too, that way it's lighter :D

I'm just getting the part that bolts to the frame and the engine bolts to... I probably wasn't clear enough in what I was asking for. I wasn't entirely sure what to call JUST that piece. I'd really like a manual rack to put on it. I have no room for a PS pump so I've been using the ps rack in manual mode.

I'm just getting the part that bolts to the frame and the engine bolts to... I probably wasn't clear enough in what I was asking for. I wasn't entirely sure what to call JUST that piece. I'd really like a manual rack to put on it. I have no room for a PS pump so I've been using the ps rack in manual mode.

i know exactly what you're looking for. it's the cross-member which holds the engine mounts.

What I'm saying is that you would need suspension links from either an S13/S14 or R32 to bolt upto that front cross-member.

Since you found the cross member, you may be able to get adjustable s13 or s14 links for the price of the OEM or NISMO ones, which are good but not adjustable to any extent. they're either good, or better, but not best.

Pallnet used a r32 crossmember and said it pretty much bolted right in with the stock L28 mounts. I already have the motor in the car on the KA crossmember. I'm not satisfied with my current mounts, so I'm looking to make it a little cleaner and safer. I've been driving it around for a while, and my mounts let the motor move too much which causes all sorts of problems with the IC piping and downpipe hitting things they shouldn't.