HybridZ

Intercooler

Zeero

Is this the one to get?

ISUZU NPR INTERCOOLER

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110166551559&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:Watchlink:middle:us

I've looked through the pages using search, but I'm not to sure what its supposed to look like. I'm new to the Z car family. Just purchased a 2 owner pristine 1982 280zxt with 80,000 miles. thanks

Welcome to Hybridz (I always wanted to say that :mrgreen:) and congrats on the find!!

If it is truly pristine (and you want to keep it that way) then you'll want to be careful with which IC you get because almost any installation will require cutting through the radiator core support. For instance, with that NPR you could mount it in front of the radiator cutting 3" holes on either side of the radiator to run the pipes to the compressor outlet and throttle body...

Like Mario said, you can get just about any type of IC nowadays for $150, so you don't have to limit yourself to the NPR design.

How much boost are you running now? You can "safely" run up to 9psi without an intercooler before the safety BOV kicks out. I'm just guesstimating, but it feels like you get +40 horsepower with just a $12 manual boost controller.

I have a 82 280ZXT also. Did you see my member's project page? I'm almost done with my IC setup.

Also, I recommend reading the Turbo FAQ sticky a few times to get a good understanding of how the whole upgrading thing works. Then I would spend about ten hours and read all the L6 turbo posts you can find. Believe it or not, I think it saves time (and $$$) in the end.:wc:

The intercooler is but a small piece of the giant turbo puzzle...but it is a huge factor that determines which options you will have with the rest of the setup.

Mario, if it makes you feel any better, if I were to do it again, I would have chosen a different IC design than the one I bought four years ago too. LOL!

Good luck! -Hugh