HybridZ

Good engine, bad body (280ZX)

Guest TomBulls

Guest TomBulls

I got a VERY used 1980 280ZX a little while back, and everything is rusted:icon8:. The engine and tranny are good, but everything else needs work. I got the vehicle for CHEAP:smile:, and I am thinking that I can make a vehicle out of what I have. As hard as I try I am still stuck in "day dream" mode about what I could do. Getting straight to the point... What OTHER kinds of vehicle frames can a 2.8L I6 fit into? I would like to get the engine into a solid chassis vehicle (NO UNIBODY). Any thoughts? I have been working with jeeps& 4x4's for a while, and sport cars are a bit different from what I am used to (Large engine bays, high clearance, tall suspension, big tires, thick frame rails...). I am not stuck on keeping the stock style running gear. I have a narrow track Ford 9" (And matching Dana44 front... Rally car?:-P) that I was gonna use on a different project, but I think it will work out for a sport car project also. PLEASE help guide me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Thomas