HybridZ

Injector Q's

280tyler

i just recently got my car running on ms1 v3 fuel only and i'm starting to tune it i have some supra 440cc in injectors i bought off ebay i have 2 problems

1. i cant get the car to run with a PWM Time Threshold under 5 it should be between 1 and 2 right? is it bad for the injectors to have it that high? i cant remember if i tried to start it when it was at 25 or whatever it is when you first start so i could have hurt them then

2. i checked the resistance on all of them 4 read 3.5 ohms and 2 read 5.8 ohms is this bad

i'm asking because it is idling kinda rough and stumbles when i give it some throttle

thanks

Duh, I should have read your post a little better. My bad....

Low Z injectors are usually in the 2-2.8 Ohm range. Maybe the Supra injectors are a little different. But two are way out of spec (or 4 are depending on what nominal impedance should be for those injectors).

Get them cleaned and flow tested first, Witchunter Performance can do your set for around $100.

If they all come back flowing about the same, then group the injectors so that each of the two groups of three have two 3.5Ohm, and one 5.8Ohm in the group. This will balance the impedance between the two output drivers.

If you have the two 5.8Ohm, and one 3.5Ohm injector on a output driver, this could be causing your problem. The PWM controls control both drivers together, so the impedance between the banks should be close to the same.

Also, be sure that you are using a good quality Ohm meter, cheap ones are not so accurate at low DC resistances.

well i put my new injectors in today but i'm still having some problems they are 450cc dsm injectors and when i put the constancies off the sticky it barely runs and will not rev up unless i open the throttle very slow if i open it kinda fast it just leas out and dies if i raise my PWM Time Threshold up to 4 it is much better it hesitates but that might go away when i tune it more is it ok to run it with a PWM Time Threshold of 4? could there be a problem with my injector drive?

this is just like what was happening with my other injectors

thanks