HybridZ

RB-Z31's First time at the 1/4

Racinjitter

Well I took the car to the strip today and the first 4 runs were under stock boost, the best was...

2.129 60'

5.839 330'

8.899 1/8 @ 79.963

11.454 1000'

13.720 1/4 @ 104.105

The best run I had at 13.5psi was a

2.066 60'

5.723 330'

8.754 1/8 @ 80.936

11.289 1000'

13.551 1/4 @ 104.121

About 150' from the 1/4 mark I was hitting the rev limiter in 3rd gear in all of the runs except for one.

Didnt get to weigh the car, but I am pretty sure it is around 3000-3100lbs.

Next time I will get the times down further. The first half of the runs I was spinning in 2nd, then the track was prepped and I didnt have any more traction problems.

Any how here is a video of a high boost run that I botched the launch, I didnt slip the clutch I just side stepped it and bogged really badly.

th_SANY0307.jpg

he did very well, with more time behind the wheel i think he could get her alot better. I was gettin in the 1.8 and 1.9 60' times with street tires, me at 11psi woulda been a good race for jitter. Unfortunately we didn't get a chance to race together :( oh well there is always next time, we didn't have to much trouble finding people to come i just shoulda put my camera in their hands so we coulda got more of the quality vids like this one..... oh yea i love the sound of a rb25 going down the 1/4 :D hey jitter u should tell em about the wrecker guy ;)

hey jitter u should tell em about the wrecker guy :wink:

Yea, I really need to get my 60' times down further. I started out the day pulling 2.5 60's. Once that solid disc grabs there is NO give in anything and tons of grip. I am kinda worried about my halfshafts though, I have 3 complete sets of turbo ones laying around but no n/a halfshafts. This winter I'll take care of that issue, then I'll have to worry about stub axles and the r200.

LOL,

So a few of us are standing around and both scotty and I have our hoods open and are discussing the differences between my stock rb25 and scotty's modded rb25 when this wrecker pulls up next to us and the toothelss driver says "sumebody need'n a tow?" Mike and I look at each other contemplating something smartass to say..... I say "nope I didnt break my car, you may want to drive around a little to find em'" Mike then adds quickly " What kind of cars do you think these are? These are Nissans they dont break! We drive them to the track, beat the snot out of em' and drive them home." :lmao:. The toothless driver then mumbles, "Welp I guess I'll go look for someone who is need'n a tow den."

You know I am down for any of the days.... Here is ubly's schedule for october...

Saturday Oct. 6 - Quarter Mile Testing Noon - 6 pm. Driver $15, Pit Pass $8

(Alternative Auto Performance Day MOVED to 10/13)

Sunday Oct. 7 - Quarter Mile Testing Noon - 5 pm (4 if poor weather).

Driver $15, Pit Pass $8

Saturday Oct. 13 - Quarter Mile Testing Noon - 6 pm + The Mustangs are coming!!! 'Alternative Auto Performance Day' (raindate Sat. 10/20).

Driver $15, Pit $8

Sunday Oct. 14 - Quarter Mile Testing Noon - 5 pm (4 if poor weather).

Driver $15, Pit Pass $8

Saturday Oct. 20 - Quarter Mile Testing Noon - 6 pm. Driver $15, Pit Pass $8

Sunday Oct. 21 - Quarter Mile Testing Noon - 5 pm (4 if poor weather).

Driver $15, Pit Pass $