HybridZ

My 280z with an Lt1

Tx1021

Looks nice. I will be putting an LT1 in mine when I get it back from the machine shop. I went 383 splayed caps, forged internals, decked, balanced, and stock heads worked over. Should do nicely. Keep it going. Looking good.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks nice. I will be putting an LT1 in mine when I get it back from the machine shop. I went 383 splayed caps, forged internals, decked, balanced, and stock heads worked over. Should do nicely. Keep it going. Looking good.

Sounds like that thing's gonna move! Looking forward to seeing it run.

• 2 weeks later...

wow... ok....

so no carpet anything? it's like 30lbs for interior stuff....

I personally wouldnt notice the difference with an LT1 in there, rhinolined my chevy (about 50 =60 lbs of stuff and dont notice it at all..

also yrou spare tire area is immaculate!

wow... ok....

so no carpet anything? it's like 30lbs for interior stuff....

I personally wouldnt notice the difference with an LT1 in there, rhinolined my chevy (about 50 =60 lbs of stuff and dont notice it at all..

also yrou spare tire area is immaculate!

I'm trying to keep it as light as possible, I should weigh everything I've pulled out sometime. I think people would be surprised at how much all the little odds and ends add up. I removed at least 20lbs in just sound deadening alone :o

But as far as driveability, I've daily'd some fairly nasty stuff and the noise and heat has never really bothered me so I'm not too worried about it. Plus it's gonna be a weekend/track car so it shouldn't be too bad.

Thanks for the compliments though, after spending so much time on the interior I'd feel bad covering it all up too lol

But as far as driveability, I've daily'd some fairly nasty stuff and the noise and heat has never really bothered me so I'm not too worried about it. Plus it's gonna be a weekend/track car so it shouldn't be too bad.

AHH! now i get it!

sorry i assumed a different build idea then you had stated.

either way it's sexy!

Well today was a fairly busy day for the Z.

-Got the interior, just seats and dash, installed back in.

-Cut out some aluminum panels to go where the ac controls etc and glove box were.

-Reran my fuel lines in a much better, and safer, way.

-Got the ecu harness completely wired to the engine. I still need to do the underdash stuff though :( I HATE wiring with a passion.

-Installed the Sanderson headers. I also ground off their little name tag thing on the driver side to give my steering shaft a little more clearance.

-Figured while I had my tank out I'd sand it down and then coated it with spray on bed-liner.

-Prepped and Por-15'd both doors on the inside. I'm really loving the silver interior with a white car. Same goes for everyone thats seen it too B)

I think thats about it. Pretty happy with what I got accomplished today. Here's some pictures...

downsize_2.jpg

Bed-lined gas tank, really crappy pic

downsize-4.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like its coming along, man!

You sure made that por15 look good.

I like the hood, and love the "datsun" strip down the side.

Hey, I was wondering if you'd find me on here.. Thanks for the compliments!

Things for the Z are going kinda slow right now, I'm in the middle of a move and the Z has gotten kicked out of the garage for box storage :angry:

Hopefully new updates will be coming in early July. Would LOVE to hear this thing run this summer, but I've been saying that since about 2007

Hey, I was wondering if you'd find me on here.. Thanks for the compliments!

Things for the Z are going kinda slow right now, I'm in the middle of a move and the Z has gotten kicked out of the garage for box storage :angry:

Hopefully new updates will be coming in early July. Would LOVE to hear this thing run this summer, but I've been saying that since about 2007

2007? Hell, I've had mine since '05, and you're way ahead. I could see mine running by the fall. I have everything, just need the time, and space.

I move into a shop in waco in july.. 1900 square feet!

I wish I had a shop like that! Once I get moved in I should have a nice space to work on it though.

My Z's sooo close to moving under its own power, it just needs a little more time and a little more money...

• 1 month later...

A little update on the Z car...

I was never really comfortable with the wiring job I did on the harness so I pulled it out, yet again :rolleyes: , spent about a week reading about the Lt1 wiring, and finally, I completely disassembled it and rebuilt it from scratch. Now I know it is perfect so I'm much happier. I have also sent off my PCM to have VATS and a bunch of other stuff removed along with receiving a really minor base tune.

Got in a big order of parts that included a new shifter, big tranny cooler, and all of the electrical things I will need to wire the car. Which is what I have been working on... Heres a pic of my fuse/relay panel that will be mounted under the dash. It's not quite complete yet..

downsize-5.jpg

I'm hoping to have it started the day I get my PCM back :mparty:

• 1 month later...