HybridZ

What is it worth 1976 280Z 2+2

It needs new paint, new tires it's been sitting for 10 years at a storage place by the 91 freeway. the odometer reads 44k, he says it's original because the old lady he bought it from didn't drive it much, and even if it's 144k that's not really bad. It has an automatic transmission, missing antenna. The owner doesn't know what it is worth and neither do I and would like to know so I can have another car alongside my 280ZX.

I didn't see rust on the body, but I didn't get a chance to look underneath since the tires are flat and it's real low. If anyone is local to Corona/Norco and would like to look at it with me that would be cool.

Honestly, it all depends on what it's worth to you.

I also own a 76 2+2, bought it down in Chula Vista about 10 years ago--didn't run, minimal rust, had OK tires and a crappy paint job; had 80K miles showing on the odo.

The lady was asking $300, but when I told her I didn't care if it was running, I'd buy it anyway; she dropped the price to $200

By the same token, I bought a running 74 2+2 in Kentucky 5 years ago, and paid a even $1000 for it; I cleaned it up, switched out the auto for a 5 speed, and put my rebuilt L28 in it. Drove it for 18 months then sold it for $1500 to a guy in Kansas (even delivered it to his door)

ive noticed after buyin a s130 and s30 there is no real set price area... its kinda on what its got whats missing or whats broken whats need replacing and how bad is the rust.... thats really how its done.... you go off stuff like that.... both of my z's i got under 700 running and no problems and rust free.... the s130 even had new brakes, and tokicko hp's

Well I've not had a chance to look for rust, just peel up the floorboard carpet/look underneath. It also has no radio and the upholstery is going to need replacing. I'm thinking ~$750.00 this guy would make so much money just giving it to me because paying to store it at a storage place lol.

I got my 2+2 for $200. changed the filters, oil and plugs and drove it home 320 miles with no issues even on the old tires. Sounds like the 1 you are looking at is in the same condition.

Seems that the 2+2 doesn't bring the same money as the 2 seaters. Shame, they really drive awesome. Alot smoother, not quite as sporty but still a Z.

As far as what it's worth. As much as you are willing to give and as little as he is willing to take. As with anything used.