HybridZ

Questions on BZ3099's and MM Coilovers

I just recieved my coilover set from MM,(10" 225lb.front,10"250lb.rear)and I'm running Illuminas from the MR2. I've searched,and there were a posts about using the MR2 front strut bearing.With the stock configuration,the upper spring seat fits the ID if the stock bearing.Since MM comes with the alum. spring seat,with no provisions to fit any ID of any bearing,I'd like to know what the install procedures would be?Do I use the stock bearing and modify the stock spring seat to fit the mm alum.spring seat?Should I remove some rubber from the isolator so the alum.spring seat is inside the isolator resting on the bearing?The MM coilovers came with a bag of washers/spacers that are the same OD as the bearings and the same ID as the Illumina strut shaft,any opinions,links to old posts I may have overlooked,or information would be appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

I am not familiar with the MM setup but I do know that even though it may take a couple of days Ross is very good about helping people out with any questions they may have about his products. Try giving him a call, sending him an emial or PM him.

Dragonfly