HybridZ

Has anyone made a 240z cold air intake/air cleaner?

Astral Ace

Is that the stock vette shroud over the top 1/3 the radiator?

I think something like that would work really well with my FMIC setup I have now, because part is blocked by the bumper support.

Evan

Yes, it is a stock shroud. There is an electric "puller" fan on the back of the rad and a second "pusher" electric on the front, the car the optional cooling upgrade....that gives me the front fan. Shrouds would be the same upgraded or not.

isn't going over the radiator going to heat the incoming air?

e_racer your probably right, but there is a lack of other options as space is pretty tight. All of the aftermarket stuff is built to go over the rad also. I hope that having the rad fully encased in the shroud offers some sort of a buffer.

Here's what I did on my 510 with the 2.2, but it had the Electromotive/TWM setup. I ran a hole through the core support right above the frame rail and had a K&N cone filter down there. It's not a "ram air", but cold air and would work well with SUs, I'm sure. Oh, there are big 1 1/2" billet, full radiused air horns in there, too!

G14.jpg

G19.jpg

That engine bay is pure sex.