HybridZ

Please help me analyze my tune

midnightzxt

I have finally gotten my tune to a spot that I'm much more comfortable. I have a few glitches to work out that I need help on:

1. At idle and at slight throttle in neutral my idle "skips" (periodically or unperiodically misses a cylinder.) My idles is also off my VE table (600-700 rpms at times). How can I make my tables start at a lower rpm? At these missed cylinder points it seems at though the BTDC advancement goes below the chart. See image 1 and 1.1.

2. My accel enrichments seem to drop my O2 down to 11-10. I believe I have it better than it was by dropping my accel enrichments at 8.0 and above. My major problem now is that my wideband seems to die during accel.. I can't figure out why? See image 2 and 3.

3. When starting from a stop, at lower rpms (2000 rpms or so), the engine seems very resistant, misfiring, etc. Then at some magical rpm (say 2800) the engine all of the sudden kicks in and has power.

4. Lastly, I've been tuning with wide band and checking spark plugs because I can't see the EGT gauge when driving. Spark plug 2 seems hot (mutlicolored curved prong). If I'm tuning with a friend, what EGT should I try to shoot for under hard accel? What A/F ratio should I try to shoot for at full accel and 8.0 psig boost? (147 map trailing off to about 134) How can I get the boost to stay constant and not trail off?

I may have more questions later and I will clarify any questions.

See signature for car.

datalog image 1_thumb.JPG

datalog image 1.1_thumb.JPG

datalog image 2_thumb.JPG

datalog image 3_thumb.JPG

Here's what I would do, turn ego off by setting active above rpm high say 7000rpm. Aim for 11.5:1 under boost to be safe probably set everything below 100kpa to 13.5:1 to start with then decrease to 11.5:1 under full boost.

Take it for a few drives with varied throttle...go easy at first. Run megalog and then use Ve analysis to sort you VE tables out.

Turn you accel enrichment down until you get the VE table sorted. Can you posta pic of your ve table? I can send you a copy of my ve table as a .vex file whcih you can import into your MS easily....will get you somewhere near.

What is your required fuel setting? PWM setting?

Here's what I would do, turn ego off by setting active above rpm high say 7000rpm. Aim for 11.5:1 under boost to be safe probably set everything below 100kpa to 13.5:1 to start with then decrease to 11.5:1 under full boost.

Take it for a few drives with varied throttle...go easy at first. Run megalog and then use Ve analysis to sort you VE tables out.

Turn you accel enrichment down until you get the VE table sorted. Can you posta pic of your ve table? I can send you a copy of my ve table as a .vex file whcih you can import into your MS easily....will get you somewhere near.

What is your required fuel setting? PWM setting?

How do I turn the AE down?

THe VE table is all out of wack. I'm going to tune tonight with the megalogviewer and see where that gets me

I attached the constants, can you send me your vex file to tgray@graytechsoftware.com so that I can compare it to mine before tuning?

constants_thumb.JPG

HORRIBLE NIGHT of tuning...

I upgraded the code and I kept having "Config error" pop up. I finally realized that it only happened when I imported the spark table so I had to enter it manually.

FIXED!!! I was a dumbass and didn't set the fidle to spark output A... it runs like a FREAKING CHARM!!! :)

Thanks.

10.2.07 msq file Tim Gray.zip