HybridZ

78 280 afm question

I have 2 afm's for my z, one is a bosch unit that i can't use due to missing the front pipe/plate thing, the other is currently on the car.

I don't believe the one on the car is correct though. it seems to large, and it appears that originally the afm would mount to the plate under it. currently, the one has no mounts to do such.

now, the one ON the car, has the pipes the SAME size as the throttle body.

the one NOT on the car, is much smaller, and has a rubber pipe that slips INTO the rubber pipe attached to the throttle body. i'm not sure which is right though. it seems logically the larger one is correct, however, the smaller bosch unit has 2 holes where it would mount PERFECTLY to the bracket under the afm. which one's right?

if the larger one is incorrect, could it cause my car to run rich like it is?

they both plug in correctly though (but i noticed 2 pins aren't used...is that normal?)

oh, right. my car isn't running right now. i think the plugs might be fuel fouled, however, it ran wicked lean like it used to when i got to my house, as if something plugged up my pump.. (first, it was rich, but had good power, then it ran SO RICH that it nearly died. got most of the way home, and it ran SO LEAN that it nearly died)

also, i HAD a color wiring diagram that was 400dpi that i got from Classiczcar, but they're down so i can't get it. does someone have that diagram (it was really nice, and full color) that they could email me?

my email is m4xwellmurd3r@gmail.com

the bosch one i found out by looking up the number, is for a mid 80's vw vanagon, so, it's deffintly not right. it was probably something laying around.

ok, i was thinking about my car's problem, i THOUGHT it was rich because i THOUGHT i heard exhaust backfire, but in reality, i'll bet it was lean backfire through the intake ,and you know what else. i never took a left turn under hard acceleration like that. i'll bet my pump ate a mouthfull of tank ♥♥♥♥ and is now plugged up.

• 3 years later...