HybridZ

A/c Question?

xchevyimpala69x

Well I'm new here. I recently bought a 73 240z with a 5 spd for 900 bucks.

I went to the junkyard a while back and i found a 240z with a MSA (is that right?) a/c system, so i yanked it out. Im in the process of installing it, and i was wondering if any of you have pics of how it should be set up in the engine compartment (L24).

Does the alternator have to be relocated to the drivers side with a special bracket, etc.. i just wanna make sure i have everything i need, and comparing what i have so im sure i didnt miss anything. thanks again, and yes ill continue searching the forums for some random pick that may answer my question (so far no luck) thanks again.

I went with the msa a/c unit in my 74 Fairlady. I can honestly say its not worth the trouble of installing it. Go with a aftermarket from Vintage Air or Hotrod Air.

I will be using the Hotrod Air because they have an option to use the OEM heating/ac panel.

Even with the fan upgrade it doesn't get cold enough.

The stock compressor from a later (80 - 83 zx) and its bracket will install nicely on the driver side so you don't have to mess with the alternator. You should be able to find one in a JY in the Bay area. That's what I did with my '73 and the original dealer-installed system. On the freeway it's cold enough to drive with the windows up and remain comfortable.

While you're at it, put a 90's Honda Civic blower motor in to increase the airflow. It moves more air and makes less noise.