HybridZ

Repetitive Slave Cyl Failure

badjuju

I've got a raybestos slave cyl, because when i originally did my l28et swap into my 73, schucks was the only place open.

I've since had the seal on the slave cyl fail 4 times, all within 3 months of each other, meaning within the period where I could come back and swap for a functional one. Now, the reason I haven't got a different brand is that this always seems to happen at 7:15 pm within three miles of a schucks.

I'm wondering, wtf is happening? has anyone had problems like this? Am I simply a fool for continuing to use a raybestos part because I want my $30 worth of part? I'm running DOT3.

I struggled with my clutch slave for some time. It would just keep leaking fluid.

Finally someone here warned me the master and slave should be replaced in pairs. When I took the master out for the V8 upgrade I found fluid all inside the car. Guess they were right.

My advice is buy a new clutch master and a $12 brake cylinder hone, then clean up the slave yourself.

Another option is to find a place that will put a stainless steel sleave in the slave. Suppose to be a permanent fix.