HybridZ

Megasquirt in 280z with stock ignition

rvandivort

Hi! Have a 76 2+2 ( 6-76) converting to turbo. Have a turbo block sold to me as an 82 but has a crank trigger---so an 81?! At any rate can a 76 distributer be used or converted? I want to use the stock ignition with a megasquirter as a stand alone for fuel management. Any threads that would be usefull? I`m not looking for megahorsepower--I also race a 68 chevelle street stock at the local high banked oval. 12" boost would be plenty! Hell, the original Z was awesome! Thanks for The great information on this site!

with 0 posts you will be told to use the search function-but i dont get that picky.you have an 81 engine.most people used the ms with a 82 or 83 distributor .82-83 distrubutor can be hard to find.i have a 77 with zxt engine.engine used to have 81 ecm.i run a hall effect sensor with 3 magnets in the flywheel.i use the 81 dizzy to distribute the spark only.the ms directly fires the zxt coil/ignitor assembly.if you put 12psi boost with no timing retard you will get broken pistons-that is why ms is used to control timing and fuel on turbo engine.timing should be back to 20 to 24 btdc under boost.you might be able to rework the vacuem/centrifical/initial on a 76 distributor to work but its easier to do it on the computor