HybridZ

what width adapters you guys use for 42mm offset rims on an s30

i have a series one 240 and im fitting a 42mm offset wheel to it and i was wondering what other ppl with simular offset rims were using for adapters width wise - and also if you could take pic of how far your wheel sticks out if you have some - it looks like a 2in spacer will give me plenty of clearnce but i dont know if its gonna have the wheel sticking out too much so i was just wondering what you guys did as i think 1.5in may be cutting it kinda close

they are 17x7.5 with a 42mm offset

I think you posted in your other post that the original wheels were zero offset right?

So wouldn't you ideally want a 42mm spacer?

Now lets see, 42mm = 1.65354331 inches

At zero offset, you'd have a backspacing of 3.75 inches. I believe if you search you'd be able to find the backspacings that people run. I know that the number of smallest backspacing people have ran is in previous posts, but I think a generic 2in spacer would work, in fact a 1.5in one would probably do the job as well...

Mario

ya i never got a difinitive answer and i never got any pics befor

im pretty sure 1.5 would work but may be a littel close for my liking and i think 2in amy stick out a bit to far so im gonna go with like a 1.75in or 45mm somewhere around there unless anyone else has some pics and real answers

It's not as straight forward as it may seem. It partly depends on what size tire you are running, coilovers and an inner fender lip rolled.

It' really tough to nail an exact measurement down without putting the tire on and just trying it.

I bought a whole stack of quarter inch spacers to play with to check how I liked the fit, you could make your own just to try a tire fitment. My guess is its going to be around 1.5" to get the tire on the outside edge (assuming 225 tires) If you have coilovers you can go smaller, but different people have different ideas of what they define as a fit.

24ounce,

Are the rims you want to run a Honda (4x100) bolt pattern?

If so I have a set of 1.5" thick Honda to Datsun spacer adapters I'd be willing to sell you.

I used them to run a set of ROH 16x7 rims on my Z but am switching to different rims that will have the correct Datsun bolt pattern.

The adapters are aluminum, hub-centric, convert from Datsun to Honda bolt pattern and are 1.5" thick and would come with the correct lug nuts for both the Datsun and the adapter studs.

I'll let them go for $150.00 and you cover the shipping.

If you want to see some pictures I'll post a few here.

Wheelman