HybridZ

park plugs, running rough?

KIKWEAR002

Hi I have a 72 s30, hooker header, holley 2 barrell, 50 main jet, coolant lines removed to manifold, ngk wires, and stock plugs the BP6ES.

After I put those plugs in the car started running like ♥♥♥♥ but I also adjusted the accelerator pump on the carb as well.

So I'm trying to figure out what plug everyone else is running with my same setup.

Should I be running a hotter plug?

Thanks

The stock NGK plugs should work fine. If they don't, then my guess is something got hooked back up wrong.

Look for a loose vacuum hose or mixed up plug wires.

Maybe a little better description of how the car is running. Does it not want to idle, won't start, back fire, black smoke, missing under accel, wont rev past 3000 RPM?

The stock NGK plugs should work fine. If they don't, then my guess is something got hooked back up wrong.

Look for a loose vacuum hose or mixed up plug wires.

Maybe a little better description of how the car is running. Does it not want to idle, won't start, back fire, black smoke, missing under accel, wont rev past 3000 RPM?

Yea sorry, it does seem like it misses under acceleration which is ignition miss I know, it bogs really bad if you just floor it from a stop, pops in the exhaust.

So far I checked timing, wires, plugs ( gapped at .30) not .36 I dont think that could be a big problem?, Checked for vacuum leaks