HybridZ

R200 diff

GrenadeZ

Im going to be performing an Ls1 swap :flamedevi, im begining to accumulate parts and in regards to diff and drive-train im confused...

I have seen everyone using the R200

Would it be possible (Ie better or worse) to use something like this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-SILVIA-S14-VLSD-NISMO-4-4-1-w-axles-240SX-S13-R200_W0QQitemZ170158360033QQihZ007QQcategoryZ33731QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

thunder, first i'd say the gear ratio of 4.x would be too high for either a street or track car. i have a 73 with the ls1/t56 swap and am running an r200 with nismo lsd, 3.9 ratio. i regularly start off in 2nd gear as the engine pulls well from the lower rpm's and doesn't complain. at the convention last week i ran my last few auto-x runs taking off in 2nd as well.

i'm planning on the q45 swap [3.54 ratio] either this fall or spring and am looking forward to the 'better' grears for my driving-street and track [watkins glen].

my 3 cents...

I am trying to utilise the IRS diff from a GM vehicle with an LS1/T56. It would be great to have someone stumble down this path with me. Early indications are that it is very possible, and cheap as well. There is a readily available large range of ratios for easy swaps to suit your horsepower and driving application. I'm starting with the 3.07:1 option and the comments by '1 tuff z' sound encouraging.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=124522