HybridZ

Opinions on Turbo Option

Z U L8R

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HX is the new design and HY is the old style.

Like garrett BB and old journal bearing.

I did some reading on a honda forum where they experiment with Holset.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1225182&postid=28266977

Some good reading there, but wrong engines :)

i'm very familiar with the holset h series. i was just wondering how the hx performed on the rb, as the hx is looked down upon in the L28 world for its 3cm larger compressor. i was planning a l31 stroker turbo using a hy35 but $10K for 500hp = weak $hit, at 18 years old if i'm going to spend that kind of money on my motor i want something more like 600hp...with that being said i'd rather use a holset whereas it is much more efficient than the regular "gas powered turbos," not to mention if i used one of these "gas powered turbos" i would be paying $1K+ for the gt37

maxima stroked deisel crank for teh win =]

we toyed with the idea of a 26 tranny tonight, shame it's not a 6 speed and it weighs 232354325324324 lb's. instead of cutting up the front bellhousings, swapping, then welding, i'm gonna snatch the front off this 26 tranny and be done with it. should be running this weekend.

right now i'm tooling around in a friend's sr20'd 240sx. 9 psi is such a tease bah