HybridZ

Got a New Camera Mount :)

ZDrifter

The camera mount came in today so I took it out tonight to see how it worked out. It held really well and Im happy with it. Sorry I keep giving you guys night videos but thats all I have time for haha. This weekend is autocross so hopefully Ill get some good footage. Let me know what you think about the camera position. Listen for the rev limiter on the first highway run were traction was a little issue..oops...had a little backfire if you listen closley haha....:eek2: Enjoy! Oh and at the end of the video I just had to mess with the Magnum on 22's!!!

Congratulations! Which camera mount did you get?

Ok, that camera position sucked. I was actually craning my neck to try and see out the front window. Try to keep it at eye level with less interior and more window mostly forward.

If your camera has the ability, get a wide angle or better yet a fish eye lens.

If you can stomach it, turn on SPEED channel and watch the in-car cameras on NASCAR for mounting location ideas. The professional videographers have figured out the best ways to mount in car cameras.

Thanks for the advice guys! I mounted the camera quickly just to try out the mount so I will definitly try again before the race. Quality seems a little on the low side but I think its because its at night. I can lower it more and go to the center a tad so you can still see me driving but see more of whats infront of me. Heres a picture of the mount. In the video, I mounted it to the back window. Eventhough the video was 2 min long, I was driving around for 20min and now loss of vacuum so I was pretty impressed!

419BME9MRWL._SS400_.jpg

I like that position aswell. I think Im gonna try lower on the back window because I like seeing the driving and dash aswell as outside. Hopefully I can find a good balance between the both without loosing quality video of the actual image through the windshield.

• 3 months later...