HybridZ

Need help with safc settings for RB20.

chrism

Not sure if I’m just shooting myself in the foot. I got a good deal on a V-Apexi II.

I connected all the wires needed for power, ground, TP sensor, MAF sensor, RPMs

Did not have any Knock sensor wires so I’m not using that feature. Read on other forums that it wasn’t needed anyway. Ignoring all V-Tec settings and connections. My engine mods . Sard fuel regulator vacuum controlled and 444 injectors. My turbo is stock. I set the In to 1 and the Out to 2. Seems to run better that way. I have the Wide Band and Narrow Band settings to –20 for all RPM ranges Hi and Lo throttle.

Car seams to run lean during Idle but it runs rich in all other ranges. Not sure what else to do. I just want to get the car running good enough to limp down to the shop and have it tuned. If anyone has an RB20DET with similar setup, could you please let me know what your SAFC settings are. Also, without the SAFC the car ran rich but at least I could get down the road. Lots of smoke. Couldn’t find anything on this site. I have been told by a lot of tuner shops that this SAFC would work, just look stupid in the car. For the price, I just don't care.

Any help would be great. Thanks

I'm getting a fuel pressure guage to see waat the fuel rail pressure is.

I read that it should be someware around 35 psi. I'm thinking that too much pressure could be causeing it to run rich. I have the settings all the way to -50 and it still idles rough with much less smoke. Keep in mind that I'm not trying to tune the engine, just get it limping into the shop without flooding. If all else fails, I'll run without the SAFC . I drove it down the street the other day like that. Lots of smoke at idle but got up to speed good.

if you're running an rb20 maf then you should be hotwire 4 in 4 out then 1 to 1. and you should be able to drive to the tuner just fine. if you're running z32 maf then it's 2 in 4 out. before you adjust the maf though take it off -50%

Dave

• 3 years later...