HybridZ

Mid-Rear Oil Pan... Has anyone done it?

amorfin

My RB26 came with a front sump from an RB25. I don't know how to weld, so the less welding the best for me. Last night after a while of taking measurements and getting ideas I realized that if I modify the oil pan to be kind of a rear-mid sump, I can use the RB20 oil pick up without the need of any modifications to it. And the oil pan will clear the drive shaft fine. So I was wondering if anyone has done this? And also, (this might be stupid but I will ask anyways) will the sump at this position have any negative effects?

Thanks.

Thanks Mark. I had already seen this and that is exactly what I was planning on doing. But as I said, last night I got this idea where with two simple cuts and welds at the right lengths on the RB25 oil pan, I would be able to just turn it around to where it clears the driveshaft but close enough to where I don't need to lengthen the RB20 pick up. Why do this? Well, I already have the front sump and after breaking my head for a while the modification seems pretty easy. So I might just try it to see if it works. I'll let you know what happens. I just need to find a place that can get the welding taken care of.

You might find this helpful...

I will give you a few ideas this weekend too.