HybridZ

need to know about some tires kumho's, yokohoma's??

I have two types of tires that I want either a set of Kumho Hp 4716 or Yokohoma Avid H4/V4. I want to know what tire would be best for street/ drag also these are 205/60R15. and finnaly what kind of tread ware am I looking at? Just if you need to know I'm going to be using these on my 280zxt with the 81 turbo snowflake rims.

Mike

I run Yokahama avs intermediates and love them! Really sticky and zr rated. By the way they are discontinuing them and tire rack has them for just over 40 bucks a piece. A deal you can't beat!

Mike

The tires you mention aren't really high-performance tires. Do you really need all-season tires? Even if you do, there are better all-season performance tires. As Mike said, AVS Intermediates are good, and cheap on closeout from the TireRack. I got a set for my 240SX. Those and the Yok AVS100s are the only real performance tires in 205/60-15. You get a bigger selection in 205/55-15. Bridgestone RE730s are good (had a set on my 240SX, did great at the track(road course)), and Bridgestone S03s are excellent (have 'em on my Z for road/wet track usage). For serious performance, you will give up tread life. Compare the UTQG ratings, higher implies greater tire life. Go to www.tirerack.com and compare away.

i agree with dan those tires you mentioned will handle like a vw bus ,definately go with something more hot rod why not a 225-50-15 those avs es 100's are priced great and you can get them from discount tire direct at www.tires.com with free shipping and a road hazrd that the rack dosnt offer!