HybridZ

Illuminas wheel hop cure?

Wheel hop, eh? I had a big problem with that until I disconnected my rear anti-sway bar before going to the strip. What size of Nittos are you running? I'm using 245/50/16 on Z32 rims on my 240 and so far my best launch is a 1.78sec 60 ft. During the winter I also went coilover and Tokicos, so lots of mods together, hard to tell the benefits of each separately. If you have a rear bar, try taking it out of the equation first. (It's the cheapest thing you can try!)lol

Good luck - Doug

Doug, did your mods eliminate the hopping? No rear bar. Nittos are 225 50 16s I found for $60 at Discount Tire. Small, but to good to pass up. My springs are MSA, which I realize are too soft. Might change to ArizZcar stiffer set. Just wondering if the Tokicos will eliminate the hopping on the street. Really hard not to spin at times, especially in first 2 gears. Spin happy or not the Nittos are way better for traction, so I'd like to run them on the road. My old Falkens would be like greased teflon with this much torque. At the drags I'd assume the Tokicos will be set @ lowest setting, as ScottieGNZ recommended for weight transfer, as tires will be fully heated for launch purposes. Oh yeah, what are your spring rates, 60' times sound great!

John