HybridZ

FC Edit Apexi Power FC DataLogit. Knock Logs??

Z U L8R

my buddy who's done a lot of rb25 tuning using aem ems is pretty strongly opinionated about not going passed 3 volts on the knock sensor.

well i'm running power fc + commander on my rb25, and i'm borrowing a friend's fcedit so i can log my data on his labtop to save time on the dyno. when i look at the data for knock it's like .48 or .36 or something like that. i can't find any information or formula to get a basis for what the "scale" is so i could convert this .XX information into ok .48 means it's 2.2 volts on the knock sensor so we're good etc etc.

so far everyone says it's all subjective, no motor's the same, and there's not really any scale or formula to convert this knock data into any specific knock sensor voltage amount.

the only helpful advice i was given is from an rx7 tuner who uses this and said that the rotary's usually are 0-1.25. he said basically you see what numbers you're getting when you know you're safe, then turn it up just a little and see what .XX you're getting when you still know you're safe. then basically if you see the numbers jump from lets say like .48 and in the next block it's .99 , then you know something's going on.

i figured i'd put it out there and see if anyone could shed some more light on this.

thx in advance,

Dave =]

PS. We got the new turbo on. it's a 4082 .72 a/r compressor housing , a schwizcher (sp?) center cartridge, the exhaust housing is a divided 1.0 a/r t3 frame/flange with an S cover or wheel or whatever it is lol. we're hoping for 480-520 @ 18-21 psi on 93 octane pump gas.

and i got some BFG drag radials 255/50/16's from summit on sunday $342 for the pair =]

cool. i was looking through some of my tunes, and i can't find any knock data at all lol. i don't think the fc-edit logs it, at least i can't find it. the only thing i see is knock warning, and once you set the knock warning, that's it. there's no graph or table or chart or correction other than setting the warning..... =[

i think the .48 or .XX that i was mentioning was maf voltage cause it goes up to 5volts etc...and it's under an a/f table i believe....grrrr

i need aem so i can log my nox =[ , cause if this fc-edit does log it, i can't find the chart/map/graph

=/

Dave

i saw what you were talking about and i got to see my knock log, it was like 1, 2, 3.... *shrug lol thx man *hug

well the q trim pt67 .70 a/r cold , .70 a/r hot needs new bearings (shaft play) so back to the gt40r hybrid but we're gonna use a 1.0 a/r divided t3 frame, we're gonna put a t4 flange that has t3 stud holes also on the manifold and play around with different turbos till we find the billy badass. take care.