HybridZ

Hood alignment

terrycoxusa

Are yours lubricated as this can be a problem. Binding and/or excessive wear doesn't allow the hinge to operate properly. I had this problem with worn out hood hinges. My solution was finding a later set of hinges in good condition and having them replated. This difference is astounding. My hood opens and closes with one hand now and alignment is dead on.

Isn't there 2 adjustments? One at the hood to the hinge, and then the hinge to the body?

Correct. There are actually THREE adjustments: hood to hinge, hinge to body, top of hood to hood latch.

To the original poster, try this. Open your hood all the way. Loosen the two front bolts on the hood to hinge connection. Now, grab the top of the hood and pull forward. The hood will rotate around the two back bolts on the hood to hinge connection. This will cause the front of the hood to drop.

Important: Tighten each bolt while you are pulling forward on the hood.

The front of your hood should now be in alignment or CLOSE to being in alignment.

This is an art more than a science.

Correct. There are actually THREE adjustments: hood to hinge, hinge to body, top of hood to hood latch.

To the original poster, try this. Open your hood all the way. Loosen the two front bolts on the hood to hinge connection. Now, grab the top of the hood and pull forward. The hood will rotate around the two back bolts on the hood to hinge connection. This will cause the front of the hood to drop.

Important: Tighten each bolt while you are pulling forward on the hood.

The front of your hood should now be in alignment or CLOSE to being in alignment.

This is an art more than a science.

Perfect! This is exactly what I was going to say. This also drove me nuts. Then I figured out that I needed a little more rotation on the scissor hinges. Let us know how this works for you.

• 4 weeks later...