HybridZ

My new front end has arrived

Stealth-Z

Before the Arita Speed / Kameari G-Nose kits were offered by azcarbum I contacted an individual in Japan about this kit on Yahoo Japan Auctions. The kit arrived Saturday. Cool part about it was the shipping. It came via EMS through the U.S. Post Office!

The box measured 162cm x 71cm x 26cm. Big box, the clerk thought it was a bicycle. The shipping cost was 14,150Yen (about $128.00)

gnose_09b.JPG

This kit is sold on Yahoo Japan auctions for 52,000Yen (about $472.00). Now I did not expect the person in Japan to do this without some sort of compensation. His comission was 15% of the total. I believe about $90 to $100. So the total was around $700.00.

gnose_09a.JPG

The quality looks good. Next comes the fitment test. The seller on Yahoo Auctions Japan claims it was made off a first generation G-Nose mold. In the next few weeks I will test fit it on my 75 280Z.

This kit does need additional finishing work. There are no mounting holes. Drilling and additional hardware is required. Hinges are not included. Figure an additional $225 from baddog parts for those.

I can say this for sure, it is a hell of alot better than the show-cars pieces!

Nice 5 pice kit. I also got my body kit from yahoo auctions. Had to have mine repacked into 3 smaller boxes to clear post office regulations. The 5 piece kit is alot better kit for fitting. More area for adjustment. I got a busted 1 piece from another member and it was a bear to put back together and fit. Please keep us updated..