HybridZ

Tack weld job on wiper motor frame.

justinr54321

Not sure where this post belongs. My wipers stopped working today on the way home, the linkage broke or came undone. Don't know which yet, because someone tack welded the wiper motor frame to the chassis instead of just buying a new set of bolts. I was in the rain for about 2 hours getting off rusted bolts and screws just to find this out. Oh well, off to the hardware store to buy a cutter to get it out. Will keep you guys updated as this little project goes underway. Will post pics later as soon as it stops raining and I can get them.

Any tips would be appreciated. OH, and does anyone had a wiper motor that they don't need just in case?

Well, after the forum research, I'm going to do the Honda wiper motor mod. Got a used wiper motor off of ebay for $27.00. In the mean time, I'm going to try to see what I can do to get this one working again so I can have at least some sort of wiper so I can get back and forth from work. And I checked pull a part yesterday, and they didn't have any Z's in. Go figure.

Also, I was wondering is someone might be able to post the wiring conversion for me if they have it for the 1972 240z wiper motor to the 1994 honda accord wiper motor. Thank you. And I will be getting the intermittent assembly from JC Whitney.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/tf-VehicleBrowse/s-10101/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2004485/p-2004485/N-111+1972+200729005+600003806/c-10101

Ony $10 bucks with a mist button! Now, where to mount it...

Well, I have pretty much everything figured out now. JB Welded the broken part of the wiper linkage, greased and cleaned up. Waiting on the new motor and the intermittent assembly to come in now. Still trying to figure out how to wire up the motor when it comes in. And as soon as I figure out how to post pics, I will.

Well, I have pretty much everything figured out now. JB Welded the broken part of the wiper linkage, greased and cleaned up. Waiting on the new motor and the intermittent assembly to come in now. Still trying to figure out how to wire up the motor when it comes in. And as soon as I figure out how to post pics, I will.

How did you find out about the honda motor mod? links?!

Well, I was not able to find a replacement for the passenger side just by itself, however, I did find an online junkyard that is out of Cali, and have on the way, a replacement set of wiper linkage, only $60 after s&h. If you're wondering what the site is, here is all the info from one of the emails I received from them:

To complete your order please call 916-631-8795

All parts guarranteed 6 months

Check out our web site (www.sunrisenissan.net)

The parts you requested are available.

This is not an auto response... we actually have this part in stock.

All prices quoted are subject to sales tax and shipping charges if applicable.

JASON

SUNRISE NISSAN & KIA AUTO DISMANTLING

3450 SUNRISE BLVD

RANCHO CORDOVA, CA 95742

PHONE (916) 631-8795 FAX (916) 631-8849

e-mail: sunrisenissan@aol.com

STORE HOURS - M-F 8am-5pm SAT 9am-4pm STANDARD PACIFIC

They usually get back to you within 24 hours after requesting a part. I hope this helps out others.

Justin

Received the wiper linkage Thursday night, took it apart and regreased it, a little corosion control, (what do you expect from a junk yard), and installed it Friday night after work, and its working like a charm. I should of took pictures as I was going along, but was in a hurry.

Now, out to install the intermittent wiper controls and to see which wire is shorting out, for my steering clumn gets warm when I have my headlights turned on.