HybridZ

Modern Motorsports LTD coil over kit

Hey everyone i was just wondering if anyone on here has bought a set of these or knows someone thats has. I came across them and buy the reviews on the site looks to be a solid kit. was just curious if anyone had any personal experience with this kit o not? and i was also wondering if i got this kit what spring rates should be good for daily driver occasional auto x? thanks for any help on subject Matt.

Link to the kit below /

http://www.modern-motorsports.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=30&products_id=12

I have the long blue MMS coilover kit with 200lbs springs up front and 225lb springs in the back. This combination is comfortable to me, but I know a lot of guys who road race and autox run much stiffer springs. My car is more for drag racing so I don't want to go too stiff in the back anyway, besides that the tire combination I'm running 225 up front and 275 drag radials out back it's going to push (understeer) badly anyhow.

In hind sight I did not really need the longer sleeves, some better measuring would have worked, but it made it a no brainer for installation and setting up ride hight.

Read the strut thread sticky. There's some good info in that thread on spring rates and bunch of other stuff as well including a problem with the Tockico Illuminas which is the shock I run on all four corners. There should be enough info in searching to get you started. Ultimately fine tuning will be up to you and your personal perference and driving style for your combination of parts.