HybridZ

So there are NISMO vrs gasket sets too!?

Careless

I think i was on takada (sp?) when i saw it, but there seems to be a Nissan VRS Gasket kit that is of Nismo brand for the RB's.

Does anyone know what the compressed thickness of the gasket be in them there kits!? I've had some conflicting measurements regarding the Nissan VRS kit itself too... what are the specs if anyone knows?

I'm not sure if I should assume this, but being nismo, do you think they've increased the compressed thickness of the gasket to compensate for higher boost pressures to allow compression ratio to come down to a reasonable level?

Also, I've found teflon valve seals and some other slippery wearable parts that I might buy in quantity. I have to find out which cars use the same valve seals (looks like most of em do)... that's an easy trip into Nissan FAST... but the seals are from a different car/engine, so hopefully it works out.

they're like 10 for 6 bucks or so with integrated band locks to hug the valve, which is an alright deal considering they're usually 6 bucks each =)

and the band locks shouldnt impede on the velocity of the valve motion, due to teflon being much less restrictive then conventional rubbers, no?

what's everyones take on these?