HybridZ

Question for fiberglass experts

Zerrari GTO

There is a place on my V/R rear tub that will need to have a small patch of glass that will wrap into the door jamb. It will need to be several layers thick so I was going to lay one or two layers and then rivet it to the door jamb to help prevent delamination from the body. I was then going to lay 2-3 layers over this riveted layer.

My question is: Will the rivets present a problem later such as eruptions in the glass?

Thanks.

I've got 1/8" aluminum rivets holding the entire quarter (no bonding at all) onto my car and have never, in 15 years had one work loose or move.

I was told that you should use rivets of the same metal as the material you are joining (steel rivets on steel body panels, etc.). Anybody have any experience with this?

I'm guessing because of electrolosis. In my application it has never been a concern (kept very dry), and has never shown any sign of this action. The major reason I chose the softer material was a concern that the higher grip pressure of the steel rivets would distort, or worse, crack the fiberglass when installed.