HybridZ

CHEAP HID'S!!! its really true!!!

FJ 280z

Those are the ones I bought. THEY ARE CRAP... not even close to a real projector and they are very very poorly made. I ended up smashing the glass out and cutting the back off and just using the 7" ring to make my own housings.

Don't buy those housings and expect to have anywhere even close to a real projector set up.

Guy

I second that thought! I bought them and they basically feel apart within 2 days!!! But I didn't plan to use them for long....I am going to strike up a deal with 80LT1 ;)

• 3 weeks later...
There are some headlight housings made for hid, like the is300 headlights, which has no projector.

You are correct. The IS300, GS300, LS430 (01-04) and some others have headlights designed to accomodate D2R bulbs. These bulbs have sections cover off so the light is focused. These have special reflector bowls that are designed specifically for the D2R bulbs. The halogen versions of these headlights have a wider reflector bowl.