HybridZ

Rear Strut/traverse Link Assy

I have a crazy question...some of us were worried about upgrading our stub axles on the 240s to the 280 type but had problems with the bearings fitting etc. My question is...can't we just swap out the entire strut assy/traverse links etc from a 280Z? If so , what are the differences? Are the struts different only? Will it bolt up to the 240? If it does, then I am in the market for the left and right sides as of NOW! Ross, I need some adapters....can someone shed some light on this? By the way I will be in Texas (San Angelo) from the 8th to the 19th, then over to Nashville till the 26th...then back to this god forsaken place (Okinawa)...

:D

Thanks

CorZette

Originally posted by corZette:

I have a crazy question...some of us were worried about upgrading our stub axles on the 240s to the 280 type but had problems with the bearings fitting etc.

The bearings front and rear are all the same 70-78 so it's likely just due to them being pressed in on the rears or your alignment during install that created issues (or someone has changed distance spacers on you). Front strut housings (ie. spindle and strut tube) can be swapped as can the rear control arms between 70-78 models. It's slick as that allows quite a few to easily pick up a spare OEM suspension when it comes available for cheap and then one can blast/clean/paint/powdercoat/prep on their own timeline and budget as they desire.

Corzette, drop me an email directly for your parts needs...I could send them to TX for you if that would save you some dough cheers.gif