HybridZ

engine management for RB20DET

Jason81NA,82RBtt

I've already completed my RB20 engine swap into my 280zx.I ran great and I was happy. When it rained I found out the hard way the my windshield leaks, when my rb20 computer that was mounted got fried. I happen to have extra one that I replaced because it only runs as 5 cylinders. I paid over $100 for it the ecu that got fried.I also have some wiring harness problems. Nothing major just some driveablty issues. Like I accdently removed the TPS wiring during the harness clean up. And if the computer is pluged in and the engine running and the computer or harness is moved the idle will change and the engine will sometimes die out. My rb20 is from 1989 so the wiring is pretty old . I was wondering what aftermarket ecu you guys would recommend. I'm already running a 3rd gen maxima ignitor and Buick GN coil pack. I would also like to keep the stock CAS , or aleast something simple to install for the CAS.I've thought about MS but not really sure what one would be needed. Thanks for the help.

Look for 'Carl H' on nico. He will modify and repair the factory ecu. He may be able to repair and 'tune' the fried ecu while you limp around on the spare. We sent him our ecu on friday afternoor and got it back on wednesday for about 140 shipped. Shoot him an email and see what he says. Just the cheapest, easiest and prob quickest route.