HybridZ

Cant get it to idle right (RB25 inside)

streeteg

Well as some of you know I just finished up putting a greddy im and FMIC on my car w/ a q45 TB and a greddy BOV. The only thing is....as I go to start the car now... I am having issues with the idle.... Heres the skinny...

Car was all stock previously

The only changes made other then the bolt ons were:

S2 Motor harness w/ s2 TPS was now changed to a q45 TPS (here is where I believe the issue is coming from)

Stock intake replaced with homemade intake deleting BOV recirc and valve cover breather

Greddy BOV

Apexi AVC-R.

Heres what happens (and I will try to get video up later) (all changes are made when adjusting the TPS sensor while the bolts are off on the throttle body.

When bolted on just how it sat on the Q45TB---IDLE at 5k... when I try to rev it it will bog out.

When twisted one way... it will idle at 1k but pour black smoke out the tailpipe

When twisted the other way it will idle but surge from about 1000-2500 every second or two.....

How can i calibrate this? This car needs to be driveable asap so I can get it into a garage before it gets snowed on again...

When you did the valve cover breather, did you block off the PCV line running to the intake manifold? If you didn't you are pulling un-metered air into your engine and causing it to run lean.

Also, do you have a copy of the FSM? There is a setup procedure as far as idle voltage when its just sitting with the throttle plate closed.

Post up if you don't have it and I will look it up and email you the pages.

Evan