HybridZ

its time for dis ignition-suggestions for parts?

randy 77zt

in chasing the pri-ignition detonation problem on my turbo z i decided to recheck the timing and make sure the ms is reading the same as my timing light.i noticed the timing bouncing some with the timing light.the the computor hooked up to my ms was steady.so i put the timing light on the coil wire-its steady.so i pull the distributor cap -the problem is combination of wear in 20+ year old parts-slop in distributor gear/oil pump.my ms system is kind of strange-i fire it from a hall sensor and magnets in the flywheel.ms unit is old 2.2 version .can the newer ms units read a separate hall sensor for the cylinder 1 and crank position?or just ditch the crank fire and go to edis?zhalleffect.jpg

Edis is the proven way to go.

If you are feeling a little more adventurous you can go to the microsquirt, which can read two VR or two Hall effect sensors.

If you are even considering a wasted spark system (like edis) you could use some dual post coils, put in 3 vb921 coil drivers and use your current trigger setup. Only thing will be that you will have to remove one of the magnets in your flywheel. This would be the most cost effective solution, and probably what I would do in your situation.