HybridZ

z32 possible V8 swaps

Guest jdmz32

Hi I'm new here, but been looking at this site for some time now and had to join now that i have acquired a 1989 jdm300zxN.A. and it's a z32 i know they didn't start in North America till 89 sold as a 90.

Any way it's got 85,1000km on it so i know it's going to need the 100,000km kit and install which would probably be at least $1500.

Also i heard the early models had a few problems and mine is about as early as the come it's jdm89 and it was 750th something off the line.

So here's the question do i dump money into an aging motor with very expensive parts. or do i neglect the motor a bit and set aside 6-7k for a swap.

After seeing a couple ls1 conversions i don't mind spending a bit on the chassis but i don't want to through good money after bad on the v6.

Ls1 in my area would probably cost 6-7k but i found a 5.7l Hemi for $2500 45,000km 345hp and 375ftlbs torque.

Would the Hemi fit as easy as an ls1 not sure of the dimensions of it.

Also i work in a fabrication shop so cutting the fire wall and brackets and stuff is no problem.

thanks