HybridZ

Rear Backing Plate Hole Dimensions, 240Z?

Does anyone happen to have a rear backing plate for a 240Z handy that they could measure the distance between the four bolts that mount it to the hub carrier? It looks close to 2 1/4" on the heighth and about 3 1/4" on the width, but mine is on the car and its hard to get something to measure with in there. Also, how big is the hole in the middle? It looks to be around 3" - 3 1/4". Or else tell me where these dimensions might be found in any literature. Many thanks.

Mike Mileski

Tucson, AZ

Guest JAMIE T

Mike, I've got a set of caliper brackets I could measure. They are at my shop though. If no one has replied to this by tomorrow morning I will fetch them.

Mike

I have a bracket drawing in my files for sentra calipers on the z. The dimensions are 3.400" front to back, 2.360" up & down and the hole is 3.225". Hope this helps. I spent quite alot of time in your town my daughter was at the air base their for three years.

Mike

AdaptorPlate.jpg

This was drawn by Stan Wada for an article on ZHOME.

I just went out in the snow and measured one from a 280Z. The display on my digital caliper kept fading - and my fingers shiverred due to the cold, but I measured 3 times and got the same numbers. :D

Height = 2.375" o.c.

Width = 3.289" o.c.

Center hole = 3.152

Yes, that big Ford. So, it looks like the vertical hole dimension on a big Ford rear axle is 2.375" (vs. the Z's 2.360"), the horizontal hole dimension is 3.500" (vs. the Z's 3.400") and the center hole diameter is 3.150" (vs. the Z's 3.225"). Makes you wonder if some precision filing could make it fit?

Mike Mileski

Tucson, AZ