HybridZ

Bought a Whipple today, but I don't think the LQ4 will be going in now

im spinning an eaton m62 to squeeze out 19 psi on my ecotec motor right now. with the aid of water injection at least. cooling the intake charge, and the bearings at the same time. there is always a way to overspin a blower. you just have to find the means of keeping thigs cool in the mean time. there was a guy here in kc with a tahoe runnin 11psi on his whipple on the 5.3 motor with water injection, and it lived very well.

As I stated earlier...

I don't know - a lot of people are telling me that Whipple won't push enough cfm for me to get the power I'm looking for. I might still try it, but I'm keeping my eyes open for a kenne bell.

I think the 2.8 would suit my needs better.

• 1 month later...

Well screw it, I just bought this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm37%26satitle%3D330218691159%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1&item=330218691159

Seems like a pretty good price for the whole kit. I've read it can provide at least 9psi on a 408, and since it's intercooled, it should help keep the underhood temps down. I'm more than confident I'll be able to hit my power goals with this one, so I'll probably be listing the whipple up for sale pretty soon.