HybridZ

RB30 Blocks - What are you guys paying?

Guest [200]

Just as a heads up, I have 6 RB30s awaiting shipment to the states. I was planning a build and decided to order a few extra while I was having mine shipped over. They are being cleaned and packaged in Aus. right now, thus they have not been shipped so I do not have an exact date of arrival.

I was not interested in waiting on a group by, thats why I acted on my own. They should be in the states soon, and I only plan to keep 2 (maybe 1, still up in the air). They are all Series 2 short motors, so they already have provisions for the oil and water feed lines. Let me know if you'd like me to reserve you one.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kaeru?

Put me on the list for 1 x RB30 (with extra torque on top)!

It will not go in a z but in another "antique" an old R32 GTR with rusted arches in option.

I am in UK and I would be interested in more than one if it helps for the group buy.

I suppose it is also cheapper for me to get two.

1 - Are they short blocks (i do not need the extra weight of the single cam head)?

I suppose they are around 150 kilos as short block.

2 - Are they in good condition because still old engines and we all plan to rebuild them to put decent power in them so i care about the condition of the crank and block (not the rest it will be soon replaced for forged...)?

3 - Do you know if these RB30 are NA or VL Turbo ones?

I suppose R.I.P.S mentioned there is two type of RB30.

P.S: Storage is not an issue a RB30 with the extra mm make a very nice side table or coffee table :lol:

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

sorry for the lack of updates guys. my contact in AUS is being pretty troublesome and not really making it worthwhile for me to bring these blocks in. the good news is, that i have a line on some rb25de heads a couple of guys wanted and hopefully this will go smoothly. ill keep you guys posted.