HybridZ

no spark,

jeffer949

ok to get my info out of the way i have a 260z with an82 l28et swap into it. and im installing msns+extra v3.0 along with the relay board well its installed and every thing seems to work but i have no spark. so i have a few questions that hopefully you guys can help me sort through.

1st. I followed the diyautotune.com's install artical on there web site. and i used this diagram to wire up my relay board

280zxt_relay_wiring.gif

now that i think about it i actually installed it like this

280zxt_relay_wiringmodified.gif

to me that does the same thing its just at a different place on the line which shouldnt make a difference if im thinking right but im just checking everything so thought i would ask.

2nd. my next question is what is the proper wiring coming off of the ignition coil? i have mine set up just like ti shows on the above diagram the + side gets power from the fuel pump with a 10amp fuse installed. and the negative post is hooked to pin 11 on the junction box on the relayboard. and thats all i have hooked up to my coil. should i have a condensor or something wired in there somewhere??

Well those are the only 2 things i can think of that arent exactly how they say to do it. or i can think that might be off. well any input would be appriciated. thanks

Jeff

hey matt yeah i am. i figured out what it was though with the help of rick bowers or speeder on here. i followed the directions on how to make the relay cable on the mega manual page and it says to leave out pin 36. well with the new 3.0 board pin 36 is ign output for the direct coil driver. and then on the new relay board pin36 goes to pin 11 i think for the negative side of the coil. and well no matter how hard it tries to send the signal i dont think its going to go anywhere with out a wire solderd in so i put one in and it fired right up. dang im excited lol thanks.

P.S matt if you read this do you know who to contact so we can get the information changed on the megamanual.com page so it is updated???