HybridZ

new toys.....

texis30O

Well it is late and I don't have the camera ready....but tomorrow I promise to take pics of the new interior.......

Corbeau A4 seats Black Microsuede, Corbeau Three point harnesses, and a MSA carpet kit..........

My knuckles hurt, my hands are too big to be squeazing in those small a$$ holes.......I learned that I have the ORIGINAL SPARE STILL ON THE SPARE RIM, and surprinsingly it actually looks good. My original seat belts were made 12/69......and my fat a$$ can fit in the hatch if I contort myself enough...........

sorry fo the delay...I had an issue this morning. I destroyed the only belt on the car this morning while I was playing. I was taking the car to get dyno'd and tuned and well the belt won. I just put a new one on and I am off to go have some drinks with friends.....

Here are some pics.....

8105pg7.jpg

I know some will appreciate the new plates that I got....

7344rv7.jpg

6pre6fp.jpg

6q2791s.jpg

I am sure your Z is not a daily driver, if it is the Corbeau A4s will wear you out on a long trip as the padding is minimal and really they are light weight racing seats. If you are bombing around town, heading to the track, car show or sunday drive, great seats, even if you are taking the wife girlfriend to dinner and a movie on an evening out, they rock, but daily use not so good. It also depends on how stiff your car's suspension is too <- this is big.

I have had A4s on three different cars, currently I have a set in my daily driver Turbo Mazda 323 and also in my seldom driven 280ZX Turbo. The seats are starting to come apart on the bolster stitching on my daily driver and they have not lasted as well as I thought as they would, I bought these seats two and half years ago (all bought brand new) and they have about 15,000miles on them. I am disappointed to be honest as they are starting to age, faster that I would like, again this is on my daily driver. I am 6.0ft tall and weight 160ish lbs, so I am not really brushing up hard on the bolsters during ingress and egress.

The A4s in my 280ZX Turbo look fantastic, as they should, they are about 4years old and have only about 1,000 miles of seat time in those 4years.

I have the standard cloth fabric and they are very tricky to keep clean, especially if you have a pet or dust strands get in there. Using a lint brush or tape does not work, good ole fashioned by hand.

I called Corbeau and they only offer a 1year warranty on their seats, so thats is unfortunate but probably standard for this type of product.

I will be interested to hear your feedback on that new miscrosuede (I did not even realize that is a new fabric option from Corbeau) and how it wears in time. I am not sure how much you drive your car per year.

I was going to post some pics, but do not want to hijack your thread.

Looks great and compliments the car for sure! As a reference on my S30, I will be installing Mitsubishi Eclipse seats.

My best - Yasin

this is the fourth car in my stable... so it is driven once a week for about an hour. the car is mostly for around town and the occasional fun run. I was not that impressed with the quality of the stitching on the seats to be honest. They were a budget buy and if I had the money I would have spent more money on the Recaros that I really wanted. This is the first build up that I am doing. I plan on picking up another 77 280 and doing a more elaborate build up in the future. I wanted to keep this a track/street car as it has no A/C. The seats are comfortable. I will give them that. I still have the original seats and plan on restuffing those at a later date....