HybridZ

windshield washer fuild, meth injection

woldson

The blue "winter" washer fluid we use up in Canada is basically 50% meth. I have been using it for a couple years without any issue. The pink "summer" fluid is not the same as it has other chemicals for helping remove bug guts and stuff from the windshield.

When in doubt check the WHIMS sheet for the product and it should tell you all the components of it.

To all the folks who like to use WW fluid, help me understand why. Is it cost? You certainly do not want to put anything but pure methanol and pure water in the engine. As previously said, some WW fluids have other ingredients that you probably dont want in the engine. The better WW fluids will probably cost $2-3/gal. Pure methanol will probably cost between $3.50-4.00/gal and if you do a 50/50 mix with water....do the math. Its not like you are pulling up to Walmart and filling up your tank with 15gals of the stuff, so why put contaminants in the engine if it will cost the same or maybe less to use the right stuff?????????????????

Yes cost helps and it is kinda funny. I was warned by my bother, who is useing it as well, not to use the "de-icer". For just 1% why pay almost double? If you go to Walmart its probly cheaper and you can pick it up anywhere!

You don't have to but why not?