HybridZ

Compomotive USA website....

As many of you know, I'm going to order a set of custom 17's to fill my rear fenders properly.

I had my rims all picked out, and had done research on who could do custom ordered rims, and finally settled with Compomotive USA.

I started by filling out an info request form for their rims (on the website). It said to wait max 1 week for a response. After 2 weeks, I did the form again... still no response.

I then emailed the webmaster on the lack of any response to my web requests... 2 more weeks.. nothing.

Yea I can call. (long distance of course), but this is no longer the point. 3 requests for ordering info... no response...Is that a way to deal with a customer, who may spend thousands of $$? too shakey for me.. and with them being so far away, and in another country does not make this one bit easier.

I'm not really hear to rant and rave about their business, I'm in the marketing business myself, and I'm very critical of customer care.

Anyways this is just a heads up if you are considering ordering custom rims long distance..becareful.

I called Simmons wheels personally, and they gave me a # of a dealer local to me who can handle my requirements, even if I don't choose Simmons (these guys do custom ordering/modifying of custom rims from various mfg. They are located within 60km of me, and I plan on visiting their location on Saturday... they even told me of a Z in their shop who is fitting 17x12.5's for his 240 before he ships it to Germany for a race at Neurburgh.(sp?)

Now thats service! beyond my expectations.

cheers.gif

I hear you and I couldn't agree more.

I'm in high-tech now (systems development), but I've held a series of sales/customer relations jobs since I was a kid. Nothing cheeses me off faster than poor (or non-existant) customer service. There is no reason anyone should put up with bad/no service these days. There is always another business in line waiting to take your $. I still have to order wheels for my ride and I have checked out the Compmotive site several times, but I will not tolerate a slow response when I have $ burning a hole in my pocket.

I purchased some 3 pc. wheels for my 84 300zxt from Compomotive about 2 1/2 years ago at about $400 a piece. The wheels came within a moderate time, but one of the caps had a pock mark, no allen wrench for the cap and NO LUG NUTS!! cuss.gif Called Brian, who I had placed order with and been talking to, said he would send out new cap, wrench and lug nuts Fedex the next day. After waiting a week 1/2, broke down and bought lug nuts myself. :mad: Meanwhile, talking with Brian, he's making excuses and says they went out USPS. Finally received lug nuts after 4 WEEKS, no wrench or cap tho. I sent an email to the UK office about their US distributor, no response. I didn't use their stickers for the caps, and have refused to tell anyone where I got the wheels from so no other business would be generated from me. On the other hand, I had Discount Tire get me some HRE's for my 80zx, and was treated better and saved a little money going thru them. 2thumbs.gif I need some new rims for the 77' now, and will check with Discount Tire before I order some.........chris