HybridZ

my 2.88 MSII MSQ

niner11

My primary concern was not to burn a piston or blow the head gasket so these numbers are pretty rich. Many people will tell you that WOT in a normally aspirated engine will be close to 12.5 or 12.0 to 1 so at 100 KPA it's a good place to start.

No problems with fouling plugs...I always thought that 12.5 was pretty rich for an idle but the car likes it. What part would you change?

5021_thumb.attach

Actually, it was probably the lower rpm bins that looked rich but if it works well then I wouldn't change a thing. I guess Iv'e been pushing my AFRs a little to the leaner side and fattening the AEs but when it comes down to it, I am never satisfied that I have optimum AFRs so I think I am going to invest in some dyno time.

By the way, thanks for posting that.

I agree with getting some dyno time to see what works best for you. Thats on my list while I'm still running the junkyard motor.

My initial MSQ came from CygnusX-1 and ran pretty good but like everybody else I redid all of the maps with input from different things that I've read. It seems that the VE tables take care of themselves when you find the AFR that you like and run the car enough for megalogs VE analyzer to correct it.

I could probably lean out the lower KPA bins a bit.....might be the MSD that keeps plugs from fouling.