HybridZ

Engine swap/ ECU question engine wont start

Guest endlessmaxima

Guest endlessmaxima

I Replaced a 90 motor with a 93 motor and the 90 ECU was bad It would only flash green lights and when I tried putting it in different dino modes the select knob was very loose and almost coming out .I found a 92 ECU from a salvage yard thinking it would work (plus I got it far cheaper then a 90 or 93 ECU) after I got the 92 ECU in both lights flashed and seemed to work however I cant get the car to start. Retracing and double checking everything I found that the injectors are not opening up. I have been told that I need to put a 90 ECU back in the car. I have been told that a 93 ECU (matching the 93 motor) is not the way to go either . I just want to get this back on the road and Iam loosing patience. Does anyone know FOR SURE what ECU I need ... Please Help .. Any advice would be appreicated ...Thanks again

90 maxima engine would be a single cam, a 93 would be a dual cam. I doubt you have a 93 engine unless you did all the work involved with such a swap. A 92 ecu would have to be from a very early 92 to work in a 90's car. I am surprised it even turned on really, lol. peace.

89-94 GXE's had the SOHC VG30E

89-91 SE's had the VG30E

92-94 SE's had the VE30DE

There was an injector change in either 92 or 93, which might be causing the issue you're having (when you did the swap did you swap wiring harnesses as well?). I'm not completely positive but I could have swore I heard somewhere that the way the injectors are fired is different, which may be causing the problem. I could be wrong on that though.