HybridZ

ms1 will not flash

driftz240

Well ms1 is installed and i figured out why i am not getting spark, i dont have the proper code telling f-idle wire to trigger the coil.

so i have been going step by step trying to reflash the proper code, as per a friends write up, and what he and his brother used on there z with same 280zxt swap and same ms1 system.

for some reason when i try to install the boot header jumper "paper clip" it starts going threw a bunch of code and says .....waiting and on 2 of the lines it says ...error, and will not load the new code. whats up with this?

i have ms1 v2.2

i have noticed that on the board itself the 2 holes for the boot harness do not look like they touch anything, one is just empty hole, the other looks like it has a line going to a diode or cap or somthing. but in my opinion looks like there is no reason to jumper the board to a empty hole that has nothing that looks to carry current anyware. im confused, maybe somthing is wrong with the board. anyone have problems flashing the inital code into the board.

a buddy emailed me an artical that was on hybridz "i think he wrote" that had a step by step how to flash the code in the board. any other atricals on here, i cant seem to even find the one he wrote on here.

mine wouldnt load using hyperterm either and i was getting the same error messages. here is what i want you to try. open up my computer and go to the megasquirt folder now find the folder that has the code that you are using. now once you have clicked on that there should be 2 .bat files click the one that says download firmware. and then a dos window should open and follow the instructions. this worked for me. my friend who is a compleat computer genius did this for me and got my code loaded. let us know if it works