HybridZ

Update on my 1970 240z #1542

So tomorrow I am going to either start or tow my Z to my highschool shop. There, my friend is going to cut out and replace the floorboards, battery tray, and section of wheel well i believe. We will also be throwing on the new tires i got for it. The rears are blown.

I would be doing it myself, but the school wouldn't let me into the shop program because I didn't have enough years left to finish it. Sad......

Once I get it back from that, I will sort out the starting issues, at least the major ones. I'll be swapping in a L28et anyways. I'll also start sound dampening and begin piecing together my interior.

I will most likely give it a black rustoleum paint job. It is already spray painted black, so this shouldn't take too many coats. I'd like to get a Xenon/MSA front dam and chrome fender mirrors also, all in good time though. haha. I was also thinking of doing the VW flare, but not sure yet. For now it stays without.

Well, wish me luck, I'm super excited to get this project underway. If anyone has any advice, feel free. I'm open to everything. Anyways, just thought I'd update you guys and throw out some future plans. Thanks. See ya

Yes definately nice. I went to a local junkyard today to get some cheap tires for the rear. They were pretty bad. One was practically blown but still inflated for a bit. Well, it ended up that I got TOO cheap cause i went to put them on and they wouldn't even do it. The wire was almost sticking out of the side apon further inspection! I go down tomorrow to trade or get my money back. I'm kinda mad at the yard but what do you expect i guess.

The Z is at the school and about to get the work done. I found a little bit of rust on the drivers dogleg section. I'm wondering if I should have them replace it. Probably will. I am pretty pleased with the low amount of rust overall though.

When i get it back I'll sand it down and start paint i think. I'm still considering welding on some old VW flares, but cutting them down a bit so they aren't so drastic.