HybridZ

Need S30 Roll Bar Pics

Hi Folks,

I'm considering adding a roll bar to my 280Z for safety, so I'm allowed back at the drag strip, so I can use a seat harness and so I can mount a camcorder. :-)

Before I make the purchase I would like to understand what it will look like before I spend the cash. It's adding up to be a lot more expensive than I was hoping. Shipping alone from CA or OR is supposedly $160.00. Uggg.

I'm looking at the Autopower Street/Sport bar with the removable horizontal brace:

DSC_2942.jpg

Here's what the actual Z roll bar looks like:

group501920.jpg

If you have a roll bar in your 240Z, 260Z or 280Z can you post pictures? I'd especially like to see the mounting locations.

Thank you!

Honestly I would just have it done locally. I have a Pro Tools bender that is brand new that you could borrow. I have the die set for 1.625" tubing.

Justin

Maybe but it's worth a bit extra if I can just bolt it in and go. Fabrication time is in short supply.

Racetech Fab does very good work. They did the initial cage for RREV's supra and Chris Bergmans Supra. They have done a ton of cages. I'd give Russ a call and see what he can do for you.

Thanks Justin. That's a great idea. Even if the cost is the same or a bit more it would be nice to have a custom fitted bar.

I'd still like to see pictures of roll bar (not cage) installations in an S30 if anyone has them.

Thanks!