HybridZ

Aluminum Differential Upright

Guest SHARKMAN

Guest SHARKMAN

I was reading one of Terry Oxandale's modifications about the rear diff hanger uprights. He he made a plate out of aluminum four inches wider than the spring steel hangers that help hold the differential in place. He also eleminated the mustache bar and then had a new wider sway bar made that mounted in a totally new location. It sounds like it might make every thing stronger. what do you guys think about this? I know that the original differential set up has been used for years but I'm always ready for something new. What do you guys think.

------------------

Guest RyalC

I read through the same article and I am VERY interested in finding out more information. I want to "raise" my differential to compensate for the lowered suspension and this seems like a great way to kill multiple issues with one chunk of aluminum wink.gif Anyone happen to have a measured drawing of Terry's solution wink.gif

Instead of going that route why not try

using a 300ZX rear differential mount.

It will still leave the R200 suspended

on rubber mounts. And allow you to

remove the mustache bar. It looks like

it will will clear the gas tank, and with

a simple plate it will bolt to the cross

member just above the differential.

Dave...

[This message has been edited by Dave (edited May 28, 2000).]

Guest SHARKMAN

DAVE I already have a solid front hanger,but maybe I can use your idea without using the rubber insulator. I'm trying to have the strongest driveline and differential ect. that I can. My engine is just about ready. The engine is a 406 and I have been told it will have around 500-550 hp. I need all the help I can get. It's been years since I had a toy so I'm all excited about this toy rocket.